HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - T.R.U. BALL BT GOLD ULTRA 4
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Mikey S.
Typical Buck

Default RE: T.R.U. BALL BT GOLD ULTRA 4

LOL...is that target panic or just having a brain fart ??

Most guys develope target panic because they think they can hold the pin rock steady on the target, then ram that trigger home and hit the x. It don't work that way, never will. You may shoot ok, but eventually, it's gonna get the best of you. The biggest piece of advice I can give you without writing an essay is this little paragraph:

You'll never hold that bow perfectly still, so don't try.Give it up. Come to terms with the fact that it's going to float. Learn to focus on your target. And don't just look at it, I mean burn holes through it with your eyes. Don't take your eyes off of it. Your pin is just a reference. Do not focus on your release. Focus on the target, use your back to hold the bow at full draw, let the pin float, NEVER talking your eyes off the target dot, and squeeeeeeze that trigger. When your pin floats.......do not follow it with your eyes. Just keep focusing on that dot, and squeezing. You probably don't even have target panic.You probably just have some bad shooting habits instilled in you from shooting a trigger release and no real mentoring from a good bow shooter to get you on the right path. Forget about target panic. Erase that phrase from your head, and re-program yourself.

Shoot me a pm if you want to chat some more about it. We'll get you fixed up, but you have to put effort into it. Back Tension may take you months to get down pat, so you need patience and persistance. Talk to me if you want to, I always make time to help someone learn a BT release. You're gonna need help, no doubt about it!

Later man

Mike