HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rage 2 Blade Problem
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 01:13 PM
Mikey S.
Typical Buck

Default RE: Rage 2 Blade Problem

That's a lot of screwing around for a broadhead. I was almost ready to try them this year, but now I'm not.I'll stick to fixed blade heads, and maybe an occasional Undertaker shot if I can find blades for them.

ORIGINAL: Tomkat08

OK guys i talked to rage over the phone, for any of you who like the rage blades. There is good news and bad.

The bad news is, the newest models of the rage 2 blade is the one with the roll pin in them. And these are the ones that fall apart after hitting bone because it closes the gap on the roll pin. If yours has a screw, this is the older models. The replacement blades come with screws and roll pins.

Good news is rage is aware of this problem and they are working to correct it. Also, if you want you can send any broadhead back to them and they will replace it for free. Doe not matter where you purchased it from.

So the real question is, how much will you deal with to get a serious cut in the animal you hunt?

Tips:
Roll pins, closing up and dropping out issue. You can take a center punch to the end of the roll pin to flare it just a bit so if the slot closes off it will not fall out.

Screws: If you strip out the hole, the replacement blade packs have pins and screws. So use a roll pin in it after you get a strip screw and use center punch to flare the ends of it.

This is a small fix i found that works for now. and you can still change blades later by using a small drive punch to get the roll pins out after you have flared them.

Well, thats all we got guys and gals, until rage corrects the problem somehow.