HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - So whats the deal here?
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 10:39 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: So whats the deal here?

probably not the PROPER thing to do, but i would throw a fixed head on and try broadhead tuning....

ive found that if i can get my muzzys to shoot with my FPs, any other tuning method will show it tuned....even group tuning, walk backs, bare shaft etc...did it a few weeks ago...i THOUGHT i had perfect flight..muzzys were VERY finicky...sometimes right on...but very inconsistant...flight looked good with BHs and FPs...but i went against everything i knew and started moving the rest a smidge...mind you, this is the DAY before the season!...within a few rounds and adjustments, i hit the "sweet spot" what i thought looked like perfect flight, wasnt. when i hit that "sweet spot" it looked like i gained 50fps lol....thats why im a believer in the broadhead tune...

also, have someone else shoot it...just to rule yourself outta the equation...maybe its a torque after the shot or something that may be going un-noticed....i had that issue for a while...wasnt panic or punching...just not following through...as soon as the release was tripped, i was throwing the shot...it was UGLY...took alot of time and effort to get it worked out...just something to think about....