View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 10:27 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: BOW HUNT ONLY/ BOTH BOW AND GUN HUNT

im with GR8.......

bow season i bowhunt...

rifle season i typically rifle hunt, though ive carried the flintlock, might take the slug gun if i get it scoped this season, one day, i may even take the bow...one day i'll get me a revolver too...

flintlock/late archery, i take the flintlock....

many reasons....stand hunting PERIOD in my area after about 10am opening morning is about a lost cause unless you get deer pushed past your stand....just super heavy pressure...could hunt a funnel and probably see deer...but they are going to be skittish and alert...so i leave the bow at home...usually we gather a crew and do some small drives...same with flintlock season...less pressure, but deer were hammered for a 6 week bowseason, small game, fall turkey, 2 week rifle season etc....possible for late season archery hunting, but ive taken the flintlock stand hunting numerous times in the late season and never seen a deer...we gather a crew and drive that season as well most of the time...

i enjoy it all...rifle hunting is loosing its spark with me, though i still love gathering with the crew and putting on some good ole drives....thats why im itchin to scope the slug gun...just a change of pace....ive eaten more tags than ive filled....but like to atleast kinda stay with the program...and enjoy it all...