HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - So whats the deal here?
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 07:05 PM
Mikey S.
Typical Buck

Default RE: So whats the deal here?

My QAD threw fits for me this year to man. I don't know what the deal was. I took it off,and threw on my old Bodoodle Pro Lite and haven't had an issue since. I would almost try a new rest if you can change it out and shoot it without ruining hunting time. I'd almost bet something isn't working correctly there. If the bow is timed properly, tiller is on, and the centershot is on, either the rest is muffing the shot, or LOL...you're just plain screwing it up yourself !

Maybe you can try that "french tuning" deal where you hang a string vertically from a target and shoot at it at 5 and 10 yards. I'm not sure what the procedure is, but it's basially the same as walk-back....but you dont' need 40-60 yards to do it. I haven't read to much about it here, but there are some links on archerytalk describing it.

Did you shoot closer than 9 yards ? Like 6 feet or so? I may of mis read your statement about that...

I can't remember(as a right handed shooter) the last time I dealt with a bad tail-left tear in paper. If I did, it was usually something amiss in the cables causing cam lean.

AND..check your nocks. I had a lighted nock 2 years ago that flat out wouldn't shoot for crap. I switched it out for an original easton nock, and walla.....back to normal. Never touched 'em again. In fact, I change nocks rather often. For indoor spot season, I shoot 3-4 nites a week, I'll junk them after 2 or 3 weeks and install new ones.

But all in all, if you can walk it back somehow, and shoot some broadheads and get them to group, it's probably not a huge deal then. If that arrow is stabalized at 9 yards, and flying well after that..............how many deer do you shoot inside 9 yards ? Probably not as many as you do from 15-25 right ?