HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - So whats the deal here?
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 05:54 PM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: So whats the deal here?

ORIGINAL: Mikey S.

I though you didn't believe in paper tuning ?? You shouldn't have a tear that bad. I can't see a fixed blade head flying well with that kinda tear. Did you by chance shoot it through paper before ?

I think weak arrow reaction is out of the question with those arrows. The Axis shafts I've played with the past few years seem to be pretty tolerant of draw weight.

This might sound picky, but about 3 weeks ago I was playing with my bow, and twisting/untwisting the string to get my peep to turn in. Obviously, that changes the draw length slightly........Not a bunch, but enough so that if I went to far in either direction, I'd blow a tear through the paper that was similar to your's if the length was to short, or to long. Sounds crazy huh? But that was the case. Timing was otherwise dead on. This wasen't a case of string stretch, just me getting the peep set and paper tuning at the same time. I got a bullet hole with it, then walked-back and it was perfect. This little incident tipped me off and gave me an idea that this may be a good way to check if my draw is set properly for me and my shooting style.

Now I know nothing about your bow and it's cam/cable system. But do you have a Y cable off the top limb that can you can twist/untwist to perhaps fix a leaning cam ? Have you looked at your cams ?

Usually if something is wrong in arrow flight, I can pick it up at 30 yards on a walk back. 40 just further convinces me, but most of the time it'll show up at 30 enough to tell me which way I need to go with the rest.

By the way.......what rest are you shooting ? Has something gone wrong there ?...... - fall away cord stretched, spring broke etc...I've had stretched drop-away cord drive me nuts for a week. That cord does stretch...

And are you right handed ?

Thanks for the insights Mikey. No, I don't really believe in paper tuning. but shooting Tracer nocks... I can see the thing kicking left anyway.... all the paper did was show me just how much and at what distance the arrow corrected itself (about 9 yards).

As to your follow up questions, yes I'm right handed.

The Iron Mace has the same cam system as a bowtech binary cam bow, only its called a Trinary on a High Country.

I'm shooting a QAD Pro LD. No signs of fletching contact.

Today at work, I had the boss look at it while I drew it and vice versa. We agreed that the top cam was coming over a bit faster than the bottom. Took two twists out and it looked to stablize a bit. It also seemed that my nock point was low... I don't know how that happened, but I moved that up too. Rechecked the center shot and basically went back to square one. Went up and shot it.... exact same crap.... still kicking left.

I'm vexed.... I'm about ready to ground tune the thing.