HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - UV Killer?
Thread: UV Killer?
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 07:57 AM
The Outdoorsman
Typical Buck

Default RE: UV Killer?

Well I washed all my clothes last nite and are line drying right now, so no UV Killer has been applied to the actual clothes. I did check my belt and it had the same orange glow to it as my gloves and masks and fleece. I sprayed it with the UV Killer and nothing, the orange glow stayed. After I wased everything and hung it up to dry, I decided to take the black light and see which garments had the orange glow and which ones didnt. Now mind you, not all variables were noted such as companies camo came from, exact fabric, etc when doing this as I had other things going on as well. What I did notice is that both my fleece jacket and pants had the orange glow, my mask which is fleece had the orange glow, my gloves which are just green knit with the black rubber dotes on the fingers and palm had the orange glow and my mossy oak pants that are like deniem but softer (not sure of the material) had the orange glow. On one of my masks, which is a full head mask, the part that goes around your head is a fleece like material but did not glow orange, but the neck piece and piece under my nose which is of a cotten material but stretchy, glowed orange. And here is an odd on, I have a browning hat that is just your basic run of the mill hat in a camo pattern and it does not glow, but the browning logo which is just green stitching glows orange!!! Cant figure it out. My belt is a basic military style belt but in camo and it glows orange and when hit with the spray, it didnt stop glowing. So Im not sure if its a fabric thing or what. thinking maybe my theroy of the lint getting on the clothes seems out the window but who knows. I'll report back tomorrow after I spray the clothes with the UV Killer. Oh, Buckwild41, did you rewash your clothes after you sprayed them with the UV Killer and it dried? I would think the odor would not be good in the woods.