HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - So whats the deal here?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 08:33 PM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Default So whats the deal here?

For some odd reason, my bow has started throwing arrows all over creation. And honestly I can't make heads or tails out of it.

So againest my better judgement, I shot through some paper this evening.

I got a dead left tear.... fletchings on the left, point on the right... probably about an inch or two. I've never been much on paper tuning, but what the heck... I don't have space to do anything else... all I got is about 25-30 yards and thats if I'm at the range alone.

So I move the rest over... and it gets worse.... I move it the other way... it gets better to the point of where it was... then starts getting worse. The guide says in that case it's a weak arrow reaction. I'm shooting Easton Axis 340's, 125gr heads, 29.5" draw and arrow, 61#s off an Iron Mace, and I use Tracer nocks. Total arrow weight is around 475 with crests and 2" twisters.

I don't have any clearance issues at all... cams are in perfect sync.... I tried a bunch of different grip positions... including ones that intentionally torqued the bow... and I didn't get much of anything else except a 2 inch left tear.

So, whats up?