HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2 Blade Rage Penetration
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 07:13 PM
SmokinVFT

Default 2 Blade Rage Penetration

Ok, I'm going to get straight to the point on this. I'll give the whole story when i find this deer tomorow. I had a 6 point that came in 20 yards(broadside) away this afternoon.This is my first buck with a bow that i have shot at. I draw back and settle my pin right in the boiler room. I do a quick check to make sure im anchoring and right and go through my mental check list. I finally release the arrow and i watch it fly right behind the shoulder alittle lower than halfway up his shoulder and about 2 inches behind it. The deer jumps up in the air and about does a flip and takes off blazing through the woods. I hear him crashing through the woods but never hear him fall.

Perfect Shot it really couldn't have been better. This is my best shot so far on a deer with a bow( killed 3 with archery equipment). Here is the kicker somehow i din't get a pass through. The shot was perfect and it puzzles me that i didn't? I wait about an hour and get down i follow his continues blood trail and find my arrow broken off. It has Crimson Red blood about half way up the shaft. I follow more blood about fifteen yards from where i find the arrow and then suddenly it just stops. I look around for another hour or so looking for more blood around where i found last blood and i find nothing. What do you guys think about this. I know i made a great shot and i feel like i should have got a pass through but didn't. This is the third deer i have shot this year with no pass through. I used the 2blade rage broadhead last year and did not have this problem. What do you guys think about this? Im seriously thinking about switching to slick tricks after this happening, I'm going to be really upset if i dont find this deer because of that especially being my first buck with a bow.