HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Stupid Question of the Day: Why Are Hunting Arrows Shorter Than Target Arrows?
Old 10-12-2008, 05:41 PM
Finch

Default RE: Stupid Question of the Day: Why Are Hunting Arrows Shorter Than Target Arrows?

ORIGINAL: Octopus

ORIGINAL: crenth

I think they just sell a certain length. Whenever I had my bow set up, the archery shop cut the arrows to fit your draw length and rest (probably like everyone else).
Oh okay. I got the hunting arrows from the archery shop. So that makes sense. I guess it really doesn't matter too much though as I was able to shoot both kinds pretty well.

So I guess I will have to buy my arrows someplace besides Walmart though since those are probably not the right length for my bow or whatever. I was not aware that multiple sizes were available.
You got it. Wal-mart sells an "one size fits all" arrow from my observations. Buying an arrow from wal-mart where the arrow is at its longest may put you on the weak side for your setup. Always get arrows matched to your setup.

I will make sure I buy the proper arrows next time.
You can still get these arrows cut down to the right size. Just make sure they are the correct spine for your setup.