HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hot Weather Success in IL
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 11:04 AM
ICALL2MUCH
Typical Buck

Default Hot Weather Success in IL

Took my yesterday and went down to the farm to try and reduce the local deer population. Hunted a pretty good spot by the pond in the morning. No dice. Saw 3 that never got close enough, a very mature doe with 2 fawns. Got out of the stand at 10 and helped Grandpa work on the cabin. After lunch I headed back out and was in the stand at 2pm. and hunted until 5:50 when I shot this nice 2.5 (I suspect) doe at 20 yards, broadside. Complete pass through, double lung - she went 40 yards. Great hunt on a standard travel route next to a super hot white oak.

I take flour in a small squirt bottle to test the wind a few times per hour. Some fell on these sassafras leaves and I decided to take a picture...

I don't know why I like these pictures, but I do...

You can just see where I shot her at. No Rage wound, but good enough...

You can see how worn out I was. i had to drag her up and down a couple of gullies. No fun in 70 degree weather!

Because of those gullies and the heat, I gutted her ASAP once I got some light. Hence, she looks pretty dead and lumpy in the pictures...

Turkey calls and football today, then back to the cabin tonight for hunting and work tomorrow!