HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rage 2 Blade Problem
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Tomkat08

Default Rage 2 Blade Problem

I have a post about this issue of the blades falling off the rage 2 blade after it was used once.
Mine have a roll pin holding them in. During impact the blades put pressure on this pin and closed the gap on it making it too loose to stay in the head. so it fell out in my hand and the blades as well.

Well i purchased mine from cabelas. They was willing to make good on these broadheads and will send me a new set. But while i was on the phone they told me that the others have this roll pin in them.
I told them maybe rage updated the head and now have a screw holding the blades in place now.

I also went to the rage site to send them an email on this issue, and to see if it was corrected.
So far i have not gotten home from work early enough to call the number before they close.
They do not have a contact email on the page.

If anyone is having this happen, and or losing them on impact. A simple fix for yours if it has a pin instead of a screw.
Use 2 small center punches and put one on each side of this pin while it is in the broadhead. Give a slight tap to one punch while the other is touching concrete and afterward you will flare the very end of this roll pin. Then on impact it should not close the ends of this pin enough to let it fall out.
Small fix till you get the newer ones with screws in them later.

I am willing to deal with this a bit becasue i am very impressed in the shots i see and have done my self with them.

Below is the image of my head after it fell apart from being shot into a doe 1 time only. While washing it off it fell apart.