HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Upper Peninsula Hunting
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 01:40 PM
rcgerchow
Fork Horn

Default RE: Upper Peninsula Hunting

I knew your grandfather and am sorry to hear he is gone. Used to see him on his four wheeler heading back to the federal land. I could almost set my watch by what time he came and went as I sat in my blind. We started hunting with Louie Wicklund in 94. I just happened to run across an ad for deer hunting and called him. One of my hunting buddies always wanted to hunt the U.P. and my family was from the Lanse area and if we hunted up there I would be socializing while everyone else was hunting. Well I called Louie and we talked for over 2 hrs. After our 1st trip there he said he wouldn't have any other hunters except us. They have become like family to us and we have even spent some time up there during the summer. In fact the cabin we stay in was the old cabin your grandfather owned and Louie bought and moved it to the lake. He sold it a couple years back to a guy in Chicago and we now rent it from him. Louies Dad has had some medical problems and had to move in closer for medical and family help. Hey we are a bunch of old timers now, but if your up there during opening week stop buy for a cold one.