HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Busted!
Thread: Busted!
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 11:17 AM
dstubb
Typical Buck

Default Busted!

This morning i hunted this new spot down in a dried up creek bed with trails intersecting everywhere. I made more noise going in there this morning than i wanted too, i figured that i may have ruined my chances for the rest of the morning. Well low and behold after about 4 hours of seeing nothing i am startled by the sound of 7 does standing up and exiting a big pile of brush about 40 yards from me. I did not expect for anything to be bedded in this area at all but apparently they had no idea about me even being there. They slowly make there way down one of the intersecting trails in front of me, i take aim on the biggest one and let the arrow fly. As soon as i let it sail she ducks and the arrow goes right over her back. So now i am sitting there with 7 does staring up into the treetops trying to see what made that sound. My quiver is hanging on the side of my tree behind me, so i very slowly start inching closer and closer to the quiver until finally i get an arrow free without being detected. I go to nock it and it makes an ever so quiet click and then one of the does lets out a loud alert call and they all high tail it out of there.

My question is do you think they will be back to bed in that brush pile and how long should i give it before i hunt that stand again?

Thanks for any info!