HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I had a guy pull a gun on me this morning. Police Phone call page 9.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:28 AM
PatrickMc

Default RE: I had a guy pull a gun on me this morning.

Ok, in NY that could be aggravated harassment, menacing, or several other misdemeanors...plus most likely criminal possession of a firearm. Don't ever be afraid to call the police. Do it immediately. If it isn't an emergency then call the public line. You wouldn't believe the calls we get at the sheriff's where I work. We had one lady who wanted the neighbor kids arrested for sexual harassment. These were Amish kids mind you. She said they stared at her when she went outside to hang laundry and get the mail...when asked why they would do that, she said because she was only wearing a bra!!!!! HMMMM, wonder why they stared!!!

Even if it wasn't that bad of an incident, call anyway, that way it is at least on file. If someone else reported something similar and had a description, now they can get the guy. If ya don't want a cop in your driveway, go to the station and give a report. They will work with you.

I'm glad that you did end up calling, that was good. Next time call ASAP tho. They could have deployed the K9 unit and maybe found the guy. And if he was mental with a gun, he'd end up with steel bracelets and a totrip the the 3rd floor of the psyche ward!

Good luck with future hunting!