HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I had a guy pull a gun on me this morning. Police Phone call page 9.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:55 PM
nodog
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I had a guy pull a gun on me this morning.

ORIGINAL: johnnybravoo77

Glad you made the call! Next time call IMEDIATLY! A man pointing a weapon would have drawn the attention of a lot of LEO's, and he probably would have been caught right there. I personally would find a new place to hunt, but if you go back out there, be prepared to defend yourself in case something else happens. Good luck!

Calling did little to nothing.People now believe that calling is the answer, it's only one part. When people like this know that doing something so stupid will get them a like response, they will stop. Calling the police won't do it. If it did...

Let's say you were prepare to stop this person and when people have to do it they will as the history of our nation proves, this man would be learning that this kind of behavior is very stupid and you maybe saving a life, not just your own. It's a lot to ask of an 18 year old true enough, but your country would ask it of you at that age.

It's a wake up call. You goning to hit the snooze button?

I'm not saying run out and by a gun, I'm saying be ***pre***pared*** to defend yourself and others. One is being as irresponsible as this moron, the other is the complete opposite.

So for the rest of us here, how many times will this story need to be retold by others before we advocate our role as home land defenders? As bowhunters were apply qualified for the most part. We need to look at our targets up close and make sure of the shot. That aint the description of someone with a hair trigger or irresponsible.
nodog, hungover this morning? Still drunk? Maybe a little sleepy? I am all for homeland defense, but our law enforcement is around to take care of crazy folks running around with weapons. No one knows how they would deal with a situation like this until it happens. Unless you have had formal training on dealing with people like this, it is best to let the law deal with them. All of us can say hypothetically what we would do, but until you are in this position, you dont know.
Training? I think that is what I was talking about. No one knows who isn't trained! Training ones self is the responsibility of mature people. As far as the rest of the crap you were insinuating, it don't bother me. The fact that we don't advocate training is the problem and if you don't know, the law has no ***legal*** obligation to protect anyone.

I'll cut you some slack since your new here. Aspects of this conversation have been discused before and some have tried to portray those who feel the need to be protectiveas pansies or in your case drunk/hungover. That don't bother me either. (I know how I'm writing andI do it for a reason)

It's a simple question, just put a number to it. 5 times, 10 times, 20 times? Point is these kinds of things are going to keep coming and I'll leave it go until the number is reached, but after that...