HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Elk Hunting in Washington
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 09:33 PM
finnbear
Fork Horn

Default RE: Elk Hunting in Washington

wellI won't get into the indians killing an inordinate number of elk, just as I won't get into the white hunters sending runners into the reserve to chase the elk out on opening morning!!! There are bad hunters....(no lets call them what they are, scum sucking poachers!!) from all walks of life and they give us all a black eye!! the indians are not to hunt the preserve either but some, not allbreak the rules, just as some not all whites break the rules!!! yes the indians are allowed some extra perks but they have also gotten a bad rap from some, I always hear that they stretch their nets clear across the Columbia and thats why we have no salmon!! I have never seen this, the Columbia is a navigable river with barges running up and down it every day, kinda raise hell with them nets all the way across don't ya think?? But I digress...I do agree that we have some issues with the fish and wildlife dept. and them having their craniums up their rectums!!! do U remember when we had a month to hunt deer and a month to hunt elk?? I thought we had more animals around back then! I always hunt the exact same area every year, never shot an elk in the timber after walking 10 miles in from a road!! hell I can see my house from where I hunt! ....plus if i shot a big bull I'd have to build a bigger house to hang the horns in ...and at this point in my life ...that ain't gonna happen

BTW what areas are U putting in for? just on the clockum side...or the ZOO as the locals call it??? have U tried the observatory unit lotsa big bulls up there if thats what U're looking for