HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Took my Fiance Hunting with me today. Doe #2
Old 10-09-2008, 07:11 PM
buckmaster
Nontypical Buck

Default Took my Fiance Hunting with me today. Doe #2

This bow has a gift, GMMAT. Keisha went out with me today, to hunt the only buddystand I have.I dont like to hunt this stand, never had any confidence in it. Ihadhunted it once before today and seen 3 deer out of range. Just never liked it.

Anyway, she wanted to go with me today so I said sure,Thinking I've done killed one doe, and I need to give that stand a rest. So we head out about 4pm and get set up. As she dozing in and out of sleep, I nod my head a few times also.While we were sitting there whispering to each other, about "what time the deer move and how much longer we have before we see something"?I catch some movement. Its a deer Fo Sho. She steps into a lane and stops with a over hanging vine right in her vitals. Im in full draw waiting for her to take 1 more step and as she does I "MAH" and release. Thwack! I hit the vine anyway!!![:@]

Out of frustration I tell keisha "I hit that vine!" in a very loud whisper, But i never heard the deer run away. Sure enough it had turned and was coming right to me! I let her withing 22 yards stopped her again and settled my 20yrd pin on her as she slightly quartered to me. I release, Hear the Thwack of death, but knew I was way too low. WAY to low. Im thinking ok I just hit this deer in the leg with a Rage broadhead...!?!?!?

She takes off, but doesnt seem hurt? Even stops and looks around before snorting and running off.?? Im like what the crap I know I hit her, but she wasnt limping or anything, so Now im trying to figure out where I hit this little doe. We get down and retrieve my arrow, It has a smear of faint blood on it and a ton of WHITE hair... Im like great just great. We trailed her where we knew we could just to see what kind of blood there was. And there was beautiful, globs of pinkish/red blood everywhere. I KNEW then I had gotten at least one lung, and decided to wait it outfor aboutanhour before persuing our deer.

Keisha wanted to track her, so I said be my guest, as I followed her through the woods looking ahead as she was looking down. Low and behold after crossing a fence into a Pine stand there she lay. We were so happy. Im very proud of this one.

But it was indeed a terrible shot, BUT I believe I can END any skeptizism of the Rage Broadhead. It is absoulutley DEVISTATING. If there were a contest for most greusome shot with a bow, I think I could take home the Prize, but thats for another thread

Thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed my longest post on HNI to date.[8D]

Did you think I wasnt going to include my wonderful tracker??