HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I had a guy pull a gun on me this morning. Police Phone call page 9.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:27 PM
my7pointmonster
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I had a guy pull a gun on me this morning.

ORIGINAL: PA Hardwoods

OMG that is freaking nuts!!! Where are you at in Central PA Ryan? I live in Bellefonte just outside of State College. I agree with Rob you should have called the Cops and the PGC. The PGC may not be able to do anything but atleast they are aware then that there may be some possible wrongdoing going on in your area. I m sorry to hear about your hunt being ruined. That is a scary thing. I had sort of a similar encounter on State Forest Land near snow shoe a number of years back. Its not a fun feeling thats for sure.
I live near Altoona.

ORIGINAL: OKbowhunter20

ORIGINAL: dstubb

Maybe there is a Meth Lab in the woods close by or something.
Exactly what I was thinking. Sadly we have way too much of that around here.There are labs scatteredall over the woods in this area.
Highly Doubt it because I know these woods like the back of my hand and I'd know if there was one, I pretty much scower every inch of it, possable but very unlikley.

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Drawing a sidearm is an act of aggression and should be dealt with accordingly.

The moment he drew that pistol, he became a direct threat, especially because he was handling said firearm in what you describe as a "disorderly manner"...Add in the fact that he appeared ot be un-stable at this time....

You had a weapon....so why is this outcome not a different one ? I'm rather puzzled here.....flabbergasted, actually.
If he would have taken aim at me or maybe made some more direct motions to do something I would have been all over it, but really at the time I was sorta in shock...

ORIGINAL: Sooner State Hunter

I wouldn't of called the Law either, it's your word against his so he maybe would get a slap on the wrist is all. He'd sure know who turned him in and being that he's a shady character anyway, he'd do something in retaliation. Not worth it.

I'd do some investigating and find out who the dude is and take it from there. I think I'd freaked out on the spot and confronted him but who knows, he might just be crazy enough to shoot someone?? I'd asked him what he was so darn worked up about.

I wouldn't go back in there for sure.
You have to realize how scared this made me feel like I had no idea what to do.... (this being the first time anyone ever has pulled a gun on me and all)

ORIGINAL: bcvd45

you are the one who saw the bobcat eat the squirrel too right? You have had one crazy week. At least you are never bored .
Same Tree too (hahaha!)

For those of you who think i should have shot him with my bow.... WHAT IF I MISS?!?!? or better yet What if he's standing there in a foul mood with an arrow sticking in him? someone said what i was thinking was going to be happening, me dangling by my saftey strap.

Reguardless of what yall say, I can talk a tough game too, wait till it happens to you then its a different story. Reguardless my neighbor will be comming home in a little bit so I'll go talk to him about the situation.

Ryan.