HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bow Hunts Available in Pike County, Illinois
Old 10-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Mhoram

Default Bow Hunts Available in Pike County, Illinois

We have weeks available for deer hunting on my parents' farm this winter. It's at the northern edge of Pike County, IL, in great deer territory. Their place is 350 acres, about half timber with a couple creeks running through it, and hunters take 8- and 10-pointers off it every year, while telling us about the bigger ones they saw. There's an old camper with water and electricity that guys can stay in, although most opt for the comfort of a motel in Barry 7 miles away. There may be one or two of us family members hunting some days, but there are enough good spots that we've never had trouble with crowding.

They're mainly looking for bow hunters, although I think the second gun season is still available. Illinois residents and non-residents are equally welcome, but non-resident tags may be hard to get now, so you might check into that first. They charge $200 per hunter per day for bow hunting; $1000 per hunter for the second gun season (which is four days). Preference will be given to groups of four hunters who want a whole week, but if there aren't enough of those, we'll move on to smaller groups or groups that want fewer days. Four at a time has worked well in the past, although we've had groups of 5 without any problems. We're not outfitters; you bring your own stands and put them wherever you want, and hunt whatever hours of the day you want. No shooting the brown dairy cows.

If you're interested, PM or email ([email protected]) me your name, contact info, and what week(s) you might want, and I'll pass it along to them. Any questions, I'll be glad to try to answer here.

Correction: I had the prices wrong; corrected above.