HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I had a guy pull a gun on me this morning. Police Phone call page 9.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:59 AM
Badger_Girl93
Fork Horn

Default RE: I had a guy pull a gun on me this morning.

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Drawing a sidearm is an act of aggression and should be dealt with accordingly.

The moment he drew that pistol, he became a direct threat, especially because he was handling said firearm in what you describe as a "disorderly manner"...Add in the fact that he appeared ot be un-stable at this time....

You had a weapon....so why is this outcome not a different one ? I'm rather puzzled here.....flabbergasted, actually.
What are you saying?? Are you trying to suggest thatthe OPshould have USED the weapon he had?? Fire an arrow at thenut case? I hope that's not the outcome you are advocating.

Imagine it...you're up in a tree with a bow. There is a guy on the ground with a gun. You feel threatened by guy on ground, and decide to use your weapon on him. Anything less than an absolutely perfectly lethal arrow shot, and you are in sad shape. Guy with gun is going to shoot you dead and watch you hang from your safety harness.

LOL, I suspect that a phone call to thecops wouldbe a better course of action. Instead of bringing a bow to a gunfight, it would probablybe better to not start a gunfight.