HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ESPN's "best time to hunt" chart for October
Old 10-07-2008, 08:57 PM
jcissell

Default RE: ESPN's "best time to hunt" chart for October

I went by ESPN's chart last year and found it completely inaccurate. I hunted many many days last year and didn't think that chart was good at all. I even used my cameras and compared the pics to the chart. I will take alook at the field and stream chart this year.

I've had many people tell me, "deer are just like people, they move whenever they feel like it." As I hunt more and more, that seems to be true. People say during this time of year when it is hot, the deer are moving in the morning and just before dark. The ESPN chart said Sunday is almost the worst day of the month to hunt and the deer should be moving from 5:40 - 6:22. I saw deer moving at 2:30 that day and didn't see ANY deer once I got in the stand at 5:00.

On Oct. 1, the chart says the best times are 2 - 3pm and 1:40 - 3:00am. I'm pretty sure if I go check my camera, I don't have ANY pictures during either of these times. As a matter of fact, I have a 10pt. on camera on the first and it was between 9 and 10pm.