HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Common Sense Arrow Setup
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 01:19 PM
stalkingbear
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Common Sense Arrow Setup

It's pretty funny you accuse me of being a obama fan. It set's the stage to consider the rest of your statements,such as ASSUMING my amount of experience(pretty desperate!). I wonder how much experience you HONESTLY have. Enough of that,I'm not going to stoop to your level. I WAS going to admit I went a lil too far until I just read your post-not anymore! I'll begin with expandables. It's just common sense that ANYTHING with moving parts isn't going to be as strong as something without moving parts. I've seen several fixed heads fail as well as expandables. Where the common sense comes in is to recognize your limitations as well as the limitations of the equipment chosen and stay within them. As I said in my post,expandable heads have came a long way since they first came out. The cream of the crop in today's expandables function quite well,as well as fixed heads,in fact some of the best expandables are actually stronger than some fixed heads-as long as they're used within their capabilities. Here's where common sense comes in,you don't take a severely raking shot with expandable head. Just because youhad 1 bad experiencedon't mean "they should be outlawed". I never said expandables are as strong as fixed heads when comparing apples to apples,just that they work great,fly excellent,make awesome entry/exit holes,leave blood trails a blind man could follow(no offence to visually impaired)and have a well deserved place in modern bowhunting. I use both expandable AND fixed broadheads,depending on intended game animal,location,and style of equipment used. Expandable broadheads are NOT "prone" to failure as long as they are used within the uses they were designed for AND WITH COMMON SENSE. I'm sure you realize you have to match equipment with intended useage. Thereare to my knowledge at least 2 carbon arrow manufacturers that are made with consistant wall thickness due to method of manufacturing,there's more than 1 method of making carbon arrows. Yes,some of today's carbon arrows DO have consistant wall thickness. Like I stated before,try using a arrow shooting machine to test top quality carbon arrows side by side with aluminum arrows and you'll see just how wrong you are with your supposed "facts" (your opinion only). We all have opinions and they differ but that's no reason to claim your choice of equipment is the only correct choice-especially as a "newby"-otherwise you won't last long in this forum. Pay attention to other opinions besides mine and you MAY see the light. Have I addressed your "facts" to your satisfaction? The bottom line is a good enough hunter can successfully harvest game with just about anything,that's where personal preference comes in as to equipment choice-just don't brainwash yourself that your opinions are the only correct 1s.