HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - how many of you are shooting the Guardian?
Old 10-06-2008, 11:44 AM
djs06dc5
Fork Horn

Default RE: how many of you are shooting the Guardian?

I shoot a 2008 Guardian. I absolutely love the bow. Smooth draw, fast, quiet. I also like the In Velvet coating. I chose the Guardian because it fit me perfectly. Have you looked into any of the 2009 bows? You'll definitely be happy witha Guardian, but the Captain looks like it's the "new" Guardian. Same AxA, roughly the same fps, 7" brace height, same center pivot, but it has a cable guard that the Guardian. I would think -I am saying this as someone who hasnot shot a Captain - that it would make the draw that much smoother. It's also easier on the string. Again, not trying to push you away from the Guardian, because I love mine to death. I'm just saying you might find some nice upgrades in the 2009 models. http://www.bowtecharchery.com/products.php

Good luck with whatever you choose. Post a pic when you get one!
x2....my only complaint on the guardian is the weight with all accessories on it. also, the Captain from what i was told is a little lighter, but not much.