HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bow sights wont line up. any help??
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 04:17 PM
fossbow

Default Bow sights wont line up. any help??

i just got a high country stilletto 380 and im having the hardest time tuning the thing. cam timing is perfect as is tiller and center shot and still have problems getting it to stop fishtailing. the odd thing is that the sights will not line up with the string and the rest. i have to move my sights to the left of center to get my arrow to shoot where i aim. and its not just a little bit i have to move it, its a about a foot to the left at 25 yards. with field points this isnt too much of a problem cause it i can consistently hit a 3 inch circle at 30 yards all day long, but as soon as you try broadheads theyshoot totally different. i paper tuned it the other day and found that moving my rest to left of center shot seemed to get the arrows to shoot alot closer to bulletholes but still not perfect. Theres no fletching contact anywhere either. i completely dumbfounded on this one! what bothers me the most is the deal with the sights not lining up. ive owned 4 different bows over the course of the last 13 years of bowhunting not to mention knowing a lot of people with other bows and have never heard of this problem with a bow that is properly tuned. is it cam lean? twisted limbs? whats the deal??? any help would be greatly appreciated.