HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First Bow Kill, THANKS EVERYONE!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 06:44 PM
englum_06
Typical Buck

Default First Bow Kill, THANKS EVERYONE!!!

Well first off I want to say thanks to everyone that has helped me out in the past year preparing for the season!

This is my first year with a bow, and my first bow kill. I scouted my ass off this spring/summer to get in a good spot.

Now to tell the story, I shot him on the 1st at 8 am. I saw 7 bucks to 1 doe that morning. Him and another buck came in from about 200 yards out, and he stopped behind a tree at 20 yards (while im at full draw) then he stepped into another clearing finally (at about 23 yards) and I stopped him. When I released the arrow, he shot forward. He was spooked already, and Im not sure if he was just starting to bolt, or if my bow scared him, but in al honesty it made me hit him back farther than I would have ever wished. I got down after about an hour and left. Came back about 7 hours later andI walked for 5 hours. Didnt find him. The next day I walked again for 5 more hours. Didn't find him. Went out today, and walked for an hour and I finally found him. I looked up in the air and saw about 15 buzzards flying aroundso I made abee-line to section of the woods. It took 11 hours of searching, but I finally found him. Kind of mixed emotions. It was ugly, again at the same time Im so thrilled. I felt like I was running through the woods once I finally saw him. I absolutely tore myself up over this the last few days.

The pics not the greatest, I was just walking and just used a cell phone as soon as I found him, it was all I had on me!

He's actually an 8 point, there's a smaller point on his left side towards the end.