HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Elk Rifle "Hunters"/Spider Bull
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 01:41 PM
Dopler
Fork Horn

Default Elk Rifle "Hunters"/Spider Bull

I just read some of the posts about the spider bull. I hope that rifle huntersrealize that killing a Bull elk in open country with a rifle is like a turkey shoot, like shootingfish in a barrel. The Bull elk bugles, you hear it a half mile away and you walk up to it and shoot it at 300yards.Rifle hunting for elk is like a gimme in golf. I could honestly train my 6 year old neice tosucessfully undertake such an endeavor.

Now Chuck Adams is a real hunter,takingconsistant huge bull elk with archery is a real challenge and I take my hat off to the man.

As was the case with the Spider Bull for some 70 year old guy who spends $250K (with tags, guide costs, etc.)to harvest ahuge bull is no feat. I'm not jealous of him though, I'm happy for him and I'm happy that he had the kind of money to spend to make this happen, it's ultimately good for the sport but's it's nothing to brag about. Having 6 personal guides locatethe bigbull (which was the only challenge)and then drive you up to it and do everything but pull the trigger is not that hard.

Rifle hunting for sheep and woodlanddeer can bea challenge but rutting Bull Elk in open country is only a challenge if you pick up your archery equipment so pick up your bow and give these majestic elk an even playing field!