HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Michgan Hunters Post Your 2008 Archery Kill
Old 10-03-2008, 08:09 AM
buckhunter14
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Michgan Hunters Post Your 2008 Archery Kill

This morning was a great hunt guys. Hunted a property for the first time and boy was I in the deer. Due to a lot of hard scouting this summer I set up in a thick area of a Christmas Tree farm. Didn't know what to expect but I knew deer were moving through the area. As soon as the darkness broke I could make out a doe crossing and some deer behindher at 30 yrds, but not shot whatsoever. They are slightly quartering behind me and I notice a decent forker following right up here tail. Then I see what I want, the big boy steps out and follows them into another hold of pines. Assuming the deer are going to move into their bedding area, I put my bow back on the hanger.

Cant hear a thing in those stupid pines, that darn frost was dropping onto the ground worse than a rainstorm.

About 10 minutes later I sense a deer and find a rather big spike horn right in my shooting alley. Without bow in hand [], and not knowing what follows him I slowly grab my bow and just get my hand around it, when the big boy busts through and jogs into another hold of pines.

If I would have been ready, I probably could have got a good 18-20 yard shot on him. Maybe tonight he will meet his worst enemy!

Good luck this weekend guys!