HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - remember any good marketing flops?
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 01:21 PM
kodiakhuntmaster
Nontypical Buck

Default remember any good marketing flops?

Does anyone remember any products that just never caught on? Anything that never really made it? I remember a few.

The "Hypoarrow", the arrow that would shoot 300psi of air into something upon impact. It was making it's rounds about 7-8 years ago and was being sold out of NC. Back then there was a few posts on this forum about it that were pretty funny. One guy said he hit a rabbit with it but never found it cause it floated away like a fuzzy balloon. Too bad their website isn't around anymore.

No one talks about Razor Ring broadheads (from Bullet archery) anymore either. They claimed they made a huge hole when you hit something, but many people who used them said they ended up with a large hairball at the end of their arrow and drastically less penetration than normal.

ATOM broadheads may fit this category too. To my knowledge, they aren't getting good reviews, and many people don't trust razor wire in place of real blades for large game.

Now I'm seeing another product that looks like it will go the way of the buffalo. Fletching Fobs from Starrflight. Instead of fletching, you can use their "engineered airfoil", supposed to put more weight forward on your arrow and a host of other things. I always shy away when I hear the word "engineered". Usually mean something works well in theory, but not in actual use. I could be wrong though, they could catch on like sliced bread.

So do ya'll remember any products like these? It's neat to see how archery is evolving, and think about the gadgets that never caught on.