HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Death From Above Thread (31)
Old 10-02-2008, 12:13 PM
TX_Hoghunter
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 31 Thread

I posted a pic of my buck in the contest thread scored 121 3/8 but more impressive to me he filed dressed 140 pounds. Might not sound like a lot to your northern fellows but where I hunt the average mature buck will field dress between 100 and 110 pounds. A friend of mine had a lot of TC pics of this deer. I offered Saturday to go and film him hopefully kill the deer. He looked over all of his pics and decided it would be better to wait until morning, so I went to one of my stands where I had 0 pics of the deer. Looked who showed up. I sent a text to my friend telling him "No need to worry about the big 9 in the morning". I can't put down his response....LOL. Anyway look at the body size difference between him and the other deer. I included a pic of the scale. Remember I am standing on the ground taking the pic. If you are eye level it reads 140. All of the live pics at at my friends stand. Not that it matters but I shot him on a trail and not at a feeder.

-john