HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Aftershock BH's
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 07:00 PM
Virginia Archer

Default RE: Aftershock BH's

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: Tim Boone

I love 'em. Don't worry about the blades being loose.Massive trauma.
I have a question. According to what I'm seeing in that picture, the blades don't start to open until the broadhead is in up to those triggers right?

If that's the case then the broadhead is already in the hide several inches before it even begins to open right?

Is the entrance wound nothing more than a puncture wound?
Ok to answer Buttonbucks Question....I've been shooting them for the last 4 years, also i'm one of the original Prostaff for them and still shoot them......Some of them do have alittle Play in the blades...no biggy. The second the Blades won't Break unless they are bent almost in half, which is very unlikely.

Now to Robs Questions... they do penatrate before opening but they open inside of the chest cavity which from hide to inside the cavity is approx. 1 inch sothey basically open just inside the chest. The Trip levers catch the hide and the forward momentum opens them. 2nd- The entrance hole yes is small but if you look closely at the picture provided the Trip levers are also sharpened to help give alittle more slice on entering. The entrance hole is usually about 3/4 of a Inch to 1 inch. There are 3 Sizes of Hypershocks.....the 125 Gr. (Gold Head)which is above which has the 2 3/4 inch cut(after open).......The 100 Gr.(Red Head) which has a 2 inch cut(after open)......and the 80 Gr.(Green Head)Which has a 1 3/8 inch cut(after open) But all have the same size trip levers which means the same size entrance hole for all!

Hope this helps.. Check out the site and look at what kind of damage they do! 50% of the time if you shoot and hit in the lungs/heart area they drop within 50 yard...sometimes in sight. But you know how everyone always hits the right spot so it has to be the broadheads fault(LOL).

www.aftershockarchery.com

Jack