HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Binos question.....
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Rob/PA Bowyer
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Binos question.....

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

I feel absolutely naked without them in a treestand........I mean just completely lost.
I use them for everything from scanning for approaching animals, to checking quality of animals , to looking at other wildlife, to evaluating hit game as it runs offor even an arrow on the ground. I use them the whole time while trailing shot animals too.
They are EASILY and I mean EASILY the most used piece of equipment I have.

I've forgotten them once or twice on stand and was beside myself without them.

Once you have a really good pair on a harness on your body you start to realize just how much you really do use them.
Exactly.

I cannot fathom bowhunters who do not take binos. I cannot tell ya'll how many times I spotted bucks while glassing, moving through that I would have never have seen otherwise. Yes they were out of range and a few grunts later, on the ground. Success because of binos. Or if you catch a flint of movement but not the whole deer, ever wonder what it was? Buck or doe? I want to know, I don't want to sit there guessing. I've already mentioned how priceless they are after the shot. I've glassed animals bedding down after being hit that I wouldn't have otherwise seen as well.

Schultzy, I wear my binos over one shoulder on a long strap. They hang to my waste, no weight on my neck nor shoulders. I wear my range finder on a Crooked Horn Outfitters bino strap on my chest. Both are very hand and used hard.

I have them on here shooting Matt's Black Widow.