HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - If you were given the chance while hunting would you shoot any of them
Old 10-01-2008, 01:50 PM
roadrkt

Default RE: If you were given the chance while hunting would you shoot any of them

I will, and have, shot predators while deer hunting. However, it depends on the situation and location and regulations. I consider myself an ethical hunter and try to follow the rules at all times. In my home state of Alabama the only legal predators are coyote, fox, and bobcat. I would definitely kill any of these no matter what I was hunting, unless big boy was in sight! I would also kill a wild hog as they are a nuisance and are destroying habitat here. However, in Montana a few years ago, I spotted a grey wolf while bear hunting on public land, I did not shoot - even though I wanted to. A couple of the guys in town mentioned something called the three S's (Shoot 'em, Shovel 'em, and Shut up), lol. But, I will not kill unless it is legal. I understand the wolf is delisted in several NW states now and are fair game. I hope I get another chance to visit the Rockies in the near future.
ROLL TIDE