HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tips for Encore load please
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Kbeaner
Spike

Default Tips for Encore load please

I haven't shot my ML in a couple years...the last load I used was 100gr(3 pellets)of 777 under a 250gr ShockWave. I haven't been able to find any ballistic charts for this load and I can't recall where I zeroed in at a few years back. I am planning on zeroing in at 100 yards. I know this modern gun is fully capable of taking deer out to 200yrds, but I am still somewhat of a tradionalist, and that is what my centerfires are for, soI will be taking 100yrd shots or less with my ML.I have just a few 250gr shockwaves, a few hornady lock-n-loads of an unknown grain that I have left over from some test loads, and a few 245gr powerbelts lying around that will be shot up just to get some shooting done. I fully plan on shooting the 250gr shockwaves again, maybe give those superglides a whirl. While Im rambling here...does anyone prime their Encores before shooting? I used to prime the old Knights and my dad's White, but never the Encore, and never had any issues that I can recall. Anyhow Im done rambling and am going to shoot now. thanks for any tips.

-Kevin