HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What was you SCARIEST hunting experience
Old 09-30-2008, 02:14 PM
The Outdoorsman
Typical Buck

Default RE: What was you SCARIEST hunting experience

Scariest time for me wasnt actually in the woods but when we got out. Me and my cousin were hunting in the old Jefferson Proving Grounds here in Indiana with a longtime family friend. It was muzzeloader season and we hadnt seen anything. I could see some dark clouds rolling in, the kind that split the sky in half. done with legal shooting light and we head to the truck which had a slide on pop-up camper in the back bed. We were in my dads mazda b2200 which isnt big. It starts to ran really hard, we proceed to drive out of the facility and there were two creeks we had to cross, and when we came to the first one, we could see that there was basically no road, our friend in his 4x4 truck drove thru and came back telling us it was fine for us to go thru, he turns around and goes back across, we proceed slowly and as soon as we hit the bridge, the water starts banging into the side of the truck, we finally get to the middle of the bridge and the water is now up on the hood of the truck, my cousin worked it cautiously and finally got us across. I've never felt a car shake like that did with the rushing water going by. I think had it not been for the pop-up camper, the water would have drug us off the bridge. Needless to say we messed up something on the truck as my dad found out the next day. Scary moment though.