HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - back from my backpack interior hunt
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 04:33 PM
charlie brown
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: back from my backpack interior hunt

Muley

Sounds like a good time. I would rethink the philosophy though on your pack weight. Look at others like Eberlestock, Mystery Ranch, Blacks Creek, etc. They all have packs that are designed for carrying heavy loads and lasting a long time. The lighter a pack is, the lighter loads it will handle. A heavier pack may bea little heavy, but it sure can save in the long run when you can save one or two trips packing meat.

I bought the Eberlestock X2 this year for deer hunting. I talked to Glen Eberle, and he had a 100 pound sack of cement in that pack, and its 1800 Cubic inches. Other Eberlestock packs have had loads up to 170+ pounds in them, and still hold up. I have put 50 lbs of weight in my 4lb X2 with no problems, and it has taken a beating this September deer hunting with close to 40 or so miles hiked with around 20 lbs all the time and no problems.

If you want to be able to pack in weight, be comfortable, and pack an elk back out, go with a pack designed for it, not the lightest one you can find.

Just my opinion

Later,

Marcial