HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)
Old 09-29-2008, 02:24 PM
8pt~Bowhunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Bone Collectors Thread (10)

Hey guys,

I have some bad news... I was out hunting with my dad the other day when 4 does came walking down a path right to me. At40 yards they turned and started walking away from me at a 90 degree angle. (I practiced out to 60 yards all the time and was very confident in my shooting ability...) I waited untilthe biggest doe'shead was behind a tree and fired. I watched my arrow hit the deer and heard a loud thud... The deer then ran off...

I called my dad and told him what happened, he said waita while then we'll start tracking.When we went towhere I shot my doe we didn't find anything... No arrow, no blood, nothing....

Then after 10 minutes of searching my dadfound my arrow 30 yards from where the doe was shot... It was broken in half with the broadhead broken off and the shaft covered in meat/muscle tissue...About 30 yards from the broken arrow we found a faint blood trail which we followed for 3 hours before we lost it...My dad said from how my arrow looked, hethought it was a shoulder shot...[:@]This is my first deer I ever lost and I feel terrible...[:'(]