HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Equipment
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 11:05 AM
Chris_H
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Equipment

Money is tight right now for me. I'm a college student who works less than 20 hours a week; hourly pay in the single digits [>:].However my duck gear has been expanding in size since august. Here's all that I've got so far:

[ul][*]6 GHG Life-size bluewing teal decoys[*]12 GHG Mallard decoys[*]Riggin kit for the decoys[*]Drake Waterfowl Systems floating blind bag[*]Duck Commander Teal Call[*]Zink Power Clucker Goose Call[*]Cabelas Insulated Shooting Gloves[*]Pure Gold Modified Choke Tube[/ul]
Here's whats still on the list before the end of November:
[ul][*]Floating Decoy Bag[*]New Mojo Mallard[*]Floating gun case[*]LED Headlamp[*]A spotlight that can hold a charge for a little while[*]Multi-tool[*]Skinning knife: Preferably gerber or buck knife[*]Long Sleeve Camo Max-4 Shirt[*]DC 4-n-1 Jacket[*]Convince my dad to let me take out his johnboat, or buy it [/ul]
Yessir stocking it up this season!

On the subject of stuff that i NEED,I probably only need the johnboat, a skinning knife, the jacket, spotlight, headlamp, and some decoys. You don't need a mojo mallard, lots of decoys, 20 calls and so on. The johnboat is a necessity: its a 12 footer with an 8 evinrude on the back... thats all the power and size that i need. I need a new knife because I lost my other one. It doesn't have to be a gerber, but i like quality whenever i buy my gear. I need a headlamp and spotlight so i can avoid stumps in the boat, and not trip over things while im walking, and it would probably be a good idea to have a dozen mallard decoys. Where I'm from, the biggest spread I've seen was about 30 decoys.

As for electric decoys, steel chokes and all that stuff, you don't need them, but they certainly aren't hurting me any. That choke lets me stretch out to 40/45 yards, and from my experiences with the mojo mallard, it makes the ducks commit a hell of a lot easier.