HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Decoyed a Doe! lol
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Tribal
Nontypical Buck

Default Decoyed a Doe! lol

Well I know it's risky buisness, but the land I have to hunt this year doesn't hold many deer. It has a few bucks that pass thru and have not caught one doe on my trail cams in months. So I set out a flambeau ready doe decoy in hopes to grab the attention of any deer that might show themselves in this grass field. This property is bordered by corn on two sides. I am set up on a small strip of woods mostly buckthorn that borders a pond directly behind me. I set up the decoy 20 yards in front of me.

1 hour before dark a Largedoe and yearling jump the fence into my field 100 yards away. She sees the decoy right away. Eats a bit glances up at the decoy does this a few times then decides to come check out it out. On a slow walk then she would stop put her nose to the air but the wind was perfect blowing diectly from behind her. I knew she as going to work all the way downwind. She passed the decoy 10 yards out and still wasn't to spooked. Just as shewas broadside,I released and made a good shot.
She went about 50 yards out of the field and heard her crash. It was a great feeling as this new land is making me work and put alot of time in just fora glimpse of a deer. I passed on a velvet 7 pointer on opening day 2 weeks ago, that was the last deer I saw.