HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Offical Team Monsters Inc. Thread (27)
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 09:31 AM
MEhuntalot
Fork Horn

Default RE: Offical Team Monsters Inc. Thread (27)

Hey guys, I am back. We got up there wednesday night around 10pm and set up the tent and dropped the trailer and took whatever we wouldnt need out of the truck. Thursday morning came, we were up at 5:00am, got the coffee made and had a bite to eat. We got into our hunting clothes and got into the truck by 6:00am. We went out the camp road and 100 yards up to our first hunting road. It was too dark to see much so we sat at the beginning of the road until about 6:20am until we could see. We started driving about that time...about 25 minutes later, still on the same road we came around a corner and looked out over a big cutoff...there he was. About 150 yards down into the cut with a cow they started walking away when they saw the truck. My friend got out and settled the cross hairs with his .270 and fired 3 times, being his subpermittee I was permitted to shoot as well, after I asked if he wanted me to shoot I fired one shot with my .450 marlin. He went to bed down and expire...

Luckily we were able to get the truck down a skidder trail to within 500 feet of the moose (after a lot of brush moving). We had to come-along the moose 30 feet onto the skidder trail...then we stretched out all the rope I brought and began to pull him 50 feet at a time. All said and done the moose fell at 7:00am, and we got him back out to the main road at 2:00pm. We got him on the trailer and back to the camp. Got some food, packed up camp and headed for home around 5:30pm. Tagged the moose, got gas, and arrived back at my buddies fathers house at midnight.

900 pound, 49" spread bull moose

No pictures yet...soon though