HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - DIY processors...anyone have the Cabela's meat grinder?
Old 09-25-2008, 06:08 PM
bigtim6656
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: DIY processors...anyone have the Cabela's meat grinder?

guys in his defense it looks like it has already been ground once.
ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

Im not sure what he's doing, but I basically do the same thing you do as far as letting it go through by itself! I apply pressure to run it faster because I always seem to be in a hurry!!

Finch~~ I am sorry I didnt get a chance to check for the model today, I will get to it for you though!!

ORIGINAL: NavyDeerHunter

Looks to me like he's pushing pretty hard to get the stuff through...which is fine if you don't mind that. With my LEM, I put the meat in hopper and let it go on it's own. Every now and then I may have to give it a little help, but rarely and not much.

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

I feel I keep repeating myself here as of lately about grinders but here goes. I bought a cheap $70-$80 electric 1/3 hp grinder from Wal-mart last year and have put 3-4 deer through it so far and absolutely love it! It grinds up as fast as I can feed it and havent had it bog out yet on me and I have tried to "Test" its durability!! I wouldnt think twice about picking up another one!!
Itis not heavy, easy to move around, simple, easy to clean, and just plain easy!! It might be worth checking out!!??

Asfar as the Cabelas grinder a buddyup the street bought a1hp last year and he has done a few deer and so far so good, helped them grind 2 deer and make some bologna with theres last year and it did really well! It shouldhave though for the price, but if I had the extra cash I would probably have one, the only downfall is it is heavy to lug around but no biggie!!

I stole this pic from Chuck7....he is using the same exact grinder I have in this pic. In all of his reviews I have heard him talk about he has'nt had any complaints either....!!