HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Burris Fullfield 2 scope
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 07:30 PM
hometheaterman
Nontypical Buck

Default Burris Fullfield 2 scope

Anyone used this scope any in a 3x9x40 power? I'm looking for something nice to put on my Browning BAR 30-06. Right now I have a Leuopold VX-1 and that scope is crap. I can hit the bulls eye at 100 yards then hit 3" high then the next shot will be 3" low and they just seem to be all over. I can't figure it out. I've shot 3-4 boxes of shells trying to get it sighted in. The only thing that I'm not sure is when at a buddies at 50 yards I had it shoot 6 holes that cut into each other so I thought it grouped together but at 100 yards I can't get it to hit the same spot. I don't think I'm pulling that much. I have in a gun vise but it still will move. It's starting to get expensive as bullets aren't cheap.

Does this sound like the scope or me? It's already been sent in for repair once as it seemed like it was shaking after I shot it.

Anyway I got to thinking I may try a new scope and see if it's any better. A local store has a Burris Fullfield 2 3x9x40 for $199.99 and gives you a free Garmin Etrex. I don't really need that but wouldn't mind having it. I want to spend around here on a scope. Is it a good scope?

Should I try it or does my problem not sound like the scope? Are the Leupolds known for that? I just know when I had a cheap $30 Tasco while the Leupold was being repaired in the middle of hunting season it would cut holes inside one another over and over on the bulls eye I think that was at 50 yards though and this Leupold I got doing that a few days ago but can't get it to do it now. Any tips or should I try a new scope?