HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bulk Ammo
Thread: Bulk Ammo
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 06:00 PM
gleason.chapman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bulk Ammo

ORIGINAL: SuperKirby

I looked around at Gold Dots and XTP's, and of everywhere I looked Wal Mart was the cheapest for both. Their selection is a little more limited, but if they have what you need, then it's great.
Agreed, but usually they don't sell bulk bullets and sabot separate, at least here in Va (Front Royal and Leesburg Wallyworld). A lot of powerbelts and packaged bullets of sabots and bullets. Usually they are double the price of sabot and bullets in bulk. If you stay below 250g the bullets in bulk are sold in boxes of100, if you buy 300g, theyare sold in boxes of 50. Most guys like the 250 for deer, but I find that those that expand well at 250g don't shoot thru (Knight all lead 240g bullet and sabot and 250g XTP), now I shoot 300g and get shoot thru, the extra 50g gives it the extra punch on energy and you don't loose that much on trajectory. So when you do your bulkbuying think about what you wannna do with them, plink or hunt, if hunt they Irecommend the 300g. If plinking/shooting stay with the 250g. Chap