HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - dressing properly
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2003, 07:22 PM
liquidorange
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: dressing properly

there are just so many good quality camo suits out there i know its hard but here is my opinion. in the early season i use a 3-d leaf camo with the scent lock. it is pricey about 200$ to 300$ for a set. its a little on the warm side if the temperature gets up to 70 but i tolerate it. its not rain proof but as long as it isint pouring i make do but i think there making them waterproof now also. there is a company on the net called hunt dri that makes a cheap spray that makes anything water proof and im gonna try it this year. i bought my suit a size larger so i could fit extra cloths under it as it gets cooler out. when it gets colder i can get away with putting this over a jumpsuit that is insulated. when it gets bitter out i have a cabelas saddle cloth type waterproof breathable suit with insulation but its a little stiff. if you can afford the doe i would look into a layering system like the browning hydro fleece. the way i see it its worth every penny to be warm and comfotable and with a suit like that you will probably get 10 to 20 years out of it.