HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Just what broadheads are illegal in ny
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 12:31 PM
Fletch NY
Fork Horn

Default RE: Just what broadheads are illegal in ny

Taken from another forum. Response is from DEC Officer. It appears 2 bladed Rage are legal because they retract back. Three blades on the other hand do not and are considered illegal.

"UPDATE!!!!!!!!! So, it seems that the 2 blade Rage is legal in NYS........3 blade is not...fyi. Shared by DEC clarifying original email.

Sure, please share the info on Rage-2 vs Rage-3 with any of your bowhunting buddies that may also be concerned.

Jeremy

>>> "Erceg, Anthony" 9/5/2007 9:17 AM >>> Thanks Jeremy.....I do appreciate your follow up. It is great to have someone with such knowledge at the DEC that I can communicate with. Have a great day!

-----Original Message----- From: Jeremy Hurst [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2007 9:02 AM To: Erceg, Anthony Subject: Fwd: Re: Question

Mr. Erceg, I just received a question from another hunter that reminded me I should have been more thorough in my response to you regarding the Rage broadheads. Rage makes a 2-bladed and 3-bladed broadhead. The 2-bladed broadhead functions very well. However, the 3-bladed version does not consistently allow the blades to freely pivot forward upon extraction. Thus the blades often remain barbed. In my earlier response I was refering to the function of the 2-bladed version.

Jeremy Hurst Wildlife Biologist

NYSDEC, Bureau of Wildlife 625 Broadway, 5th Floor Albany, NY 12233 Phone: 518-402-8867 Fax: 518-402-8925 [email protected] "