HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mossberg 930 Vs Benelli Supernova vs Remington 870??
Old 09-23-2008, 10:10 AM
holdingfast

Default RE: Mossberg 930 Vs Benelli Supernova vs Remington 870??

Let me put this out there...

As a new waterfowl hunter I want a 12 gauge in the worst way. I am a skinny little lad and I already received my first "Hillbilly Hicky" from a run in with a 12 Gauge and 3.5" shells a few months back...

Either way, I am looking at these three pumps on the basis of my limited budget(prices are inCanadian pesos)for blowing stuff up. If you were to choose, which would you say is the best bang for the buck? I want to be able to keep one of these for a very long time and hopefully be able to introduce the future generations with my "first love". I would love some info, tips, or hints some of you might have to offer!

1.) Remington 870 Express Super Magum(hardwood)- Price $369.95 - I like this one because I hear it is rugged, reliable, and won't fail. I understand the rusting issue, but if you have seen my vehicles, rust is not an issue. I like this model because it gives me the optionof shooting 3.5" shells. Plus the price allows me to get other neat pwesents...

2.) Winchester Speed Pump (hardwood) - Price $379.95 - I know nothing about this gun besides the price. I don't like it too much because it is ugly.

3.) Browning BPS Hunter - Price $489.95 - I have a Browning A-Bolt Micro-Hunter in a .270 Short Mag and I love it. I am just kind of a fan of browning, but if I pay the extra $100, will I notice a difference in materials, craftsmanship, etc? If I read my article right, I understand theBrowning can handle 3.5" loads if I feel like taking a bruising after a stressful trip at the railroad. I also get $30 bones off if I buy it new.

PS - I am new to this forum. I am from a small town in Saskatchewan in Canada.