HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - favorite broad head
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 08:43 PM
L. Clement
Fork Horn

Default RE: favorite broad head

ORIGINAL: bcward

I am not condemming mechanicals at all. I am just simply reporting my experience. However I do think that many hunters use mechanical heads instead of fixed because they don't or can't tune fixed blade broadheads to produce an accurate shot. So using a mechanical allows them to shoot their broadheadsstraight out of the box. I also believe less energy is transferred tho the target using mechanicals, this is due to the fact that a certain amount of energy is lost when it opens, the loss may be fractional, but there is still a loss. I thinkthat it is important to continually evolve as ahunter that is why I am switching to fixed blades to improve my success as a bowhunter. In the end each hunter must use whats is best for them and what they have confidence in. Everyone has their personal opinion we might as well be discussing which is better Ford or Chevy....by the way I'm a Ford man.
I would have to agree with you on this one… need to take the time to properly tune the BH’s I would take a well flying fixed blade over a well flying mech blade anyway… Tuning your bow also makes you more aware of your equipment and its limitations. But I am a chevy guy.