HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Any tips for Browning BAR?
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 07:01 PM
hometheaterman
Nontypical Buck

Default Any tips for Browning BAR?

Any tips for getting a gun sighted in? I'm having a heck of a time getting my Browning BAR with a Leupold VX-1 scope sighted in. I shot 2 boxes through it today. I had it right where I wanted then knocked if off the stool by accident and it was off a little after that so I tried to get it back perfect and it kept getting further and further off. At $15 a box this is getting expensive. I had it in a gun vise but it still moves somewhat. I'm thinking I may switch from 165 grain to 150 grain as it's a lot easier to get here. The second to last shot I hit half an inch above the bulls eye and the last shot hit about 3" above and that was without adjusting anything. This is ticking me off. The barrel seems to get hot every 2 shots too so you have to let it cool down after 2 shots so it takes forever. After 2 shots it seems to shot all over the place if you keep shooting. This is the hardest scope I've ever sighted in and it's starting to make me mad. I hate this Leupold.

Also I've been shooting 165 grain Winchesters but thinking of switching to 150 grain as they are a lot easier to find around here. Will I notice much of a difference? This dear gets used for mostly just deer. Maybe during bear season.