HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Pro Plan with "Shreds"
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 10:03 AM
daleh

Default RE: New Pro Plan with "Shreds"

ORIGINAL: mustad

Dale,

When were you on Diamond? From the sounds of it you switched off a couple years ago. I ask because I just started feeding Diamond to my dogs. I had been with Eukanuba, but the cost has become outrageous lately. So far, it's been pretty good. I have tried a few different products from them... High Energy, Performance and Extreme Athlete. I have had my dogs on Diamond for only a few months so far, so I haven't been able to test the consistency aspect too much. From what the company said, they decided to completely overhaul their QA process as a result of what happened a few years ago.

I have yet to see a feed here in Canada that looks as good as Diamond on paper that is anywhere close to it's price point. I'm a bit concerned about the consistency based on their history, but so far so good.
Iused it for about 5 years stopped 3-4 years ago. Same time when they had their problem.
Field trial dogs were on performance 30/20 and the others were on high energy. The diamond rep told me not to feed high energy and feed the green bag (can't remember what it was called) I'm pretty sure that have made lots of improvements. Although, they point blank told me a lie that could have killed all my dogs and put me out of business. I would never feed their stuff again if it was the last dog food company on earth.
Some of my best field trial dogs ate homemade dog food.
Hamburger, rice, and vegall. It costs about the same as any premium dog food 1-1.25 per pound. Lots of agrivation cooking a big pot of dog food, bagging it, freezing it, and then you have to remember toget some out of freezer every day.