HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I GOT MY FIRST DEER WITH A BOW THIS MORNING!!!!
Old 09-21-2008, 08:10 AM
StruttinGobbler3
Typical Buck

Default I GOT MY FIRST DEER WITH A BOW THIS MORNING!!!!

it's now easy to see to why you guys do it, i'm officially hooked for life after this morning. i was in a lock on in a swamp this morning, heard something crack behind me, and when i looked back this doe was working her way up the trail towards one of my shooting lanes. i eased up and turned around, and when she went behinda bush i drew and waited. when she stepped into my shooting lane i clucked with my tongue to stop her, and when she looked up i hit the release trigger. i heard that beautiful sound which means you've connected, that loud THWAP! and she hit the ground like a brick. after kicking for a few seconds, she was dead. now i've rifle hunted for years, am fortunate enough to have private land, and have shot several nice bucks with my rifle, but i'll tell you, none of it compared to the sheer rush of that moment. i was shaking so bad i had to wait fifteen minutes to get out of the tree! this just makes all the hours of practice and scouting and patience worth it, and i want to thank everybody on this site who gave me advice that helped me to harvest this doe. now for the pic: